Thursday 7 November 2013

Flood Relief Update - November 5, 2013

Last night we had a meeting with Hugh Pettigrew, Deputy Director of Public Works and Engineering for the M.D. of Foothills and some of the engineers working on the flooding issues in our area at the Millarville School.  It was nice to see that we are making progress.  

The engineers presented a plan that includes 4 phases the first hoping to take place in December.  

There were a few items that I mentioned last night that I also wanted to remind you of:
  1. The DRP (Disaster Recovery Program) deadline is November 30/13.  Details can be found here: http://alberta.ca/2013DisasterRecoveryPrograms.cfm
  2. DRP office hours in Black Diamond are Wednesday, Nov 13, 1pm - 8pm at the Black Diamond Town Office, 301 Centre Ave W
  3. To be kept up to date, a few residents are creating a website for the community to have a one-stop location for you to go to.  For more information feel free to email me and I will forward you on to them.
I am here to help and support you in this process in any way I can.  If you were able to attend, thank you, if not, I hope you found this helpful.  

All the best,
Jason 

Connect with me on: Website - Facebook - Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment